Shear Bolt cable lugs and cable connectors
Shear Bolt lugs and connectors are used for terminating or joining aluminium or copper conductors in applications up to 12kV or 36kV.
- Shear Bolt technology allows installation of the lugs and connectors using a regular wrench or a spanner, no crimping or other special tools are needed.
- Morek Shear Bolt cable lugs and connectors are range taking products that can be used with conductors of varying cross-sections, accommodating a wide range of conductors with only a few items.
- Shear Bolt range's specially designed aluminium bodies are made of high-strength aluminium alloy and are tin-plated, allowing their use with both aluminium and copper conductors.
- Bolts made of aluminium or tin-plated brass are designed to break at the exact torque required for best electrical connection.
- Shear Bolts are treated with special antioxidation grease to ensure the lubrication and eliminate all kinds of oxidation in places of electrical contact.
- All Morek Shear Bolt lugs and connectors are watertight and suitable for indoor and outdoor installation, to be used with solid, stranded, sector shaped and round conductors with plastic or oil-impregnated paper isolation.
- Shear Bolt lugs and connectors are compatible with most termination kits by many manufacturers. Compact design requires less installation space, especially for larger sizes.
Certification and regulations
- Tested according to IEC61238-1 class A
- Nominal voltage up to 12kV/36kV
- Suitable for copper and aluminium conductors
- Bolts are treated with antioxidation grease